Monday, February 17, 2014

Pineapple Core for Implantation


UGH! Let me tell you, this girl is not a fan of pineapple core! Nawt good. It is chewy, woody and only remotely tastes like pineapple but yes, I ate it anyway. Actually after two days of watching me suffer through eating it, DH made me a pineapple core, greek yogurt and banana shake that made the stuff bearable! 

Why am I eating pineapple core? Pineapple core contains Bromelain which can act as an anti-inflammatory, blood thinner and anti-coagulant. Why is that good and what does it do? While not a science expert, I will try to put it the way I understand it; simply. Bromelain is thought to help with implantation by increasing blood flow to the uterus and helps with the immune system shift needed to occur during implantation.

Here's the caveat. You can't eat too much for too long. From all the research I have done, it looks like it is the best to start the day after O and continue for five days (regardless of your treatment protocol although always ask your RE before taking anything), before implantation occurs. If you eat it prior to O-ing, it can change your PH. The highest concentration of Bromelain is in the core of the Pineapple which is why I have suffered through endless minutes of chewing tiny pieces of this woody part of the fruit. I bought a whole pineapple, cut out the core and gave the meat (or fruit) to my MIL because DH is allergic. I cut the core into five pieces and ate them over the course of five days. If want to try it, make sure you eat it on an empty stomach. Otherwise it doesn't get absorbed as well and all it really does is help with digestion. Not a bad thing but not what we're trying to do here.

Can you take Bromelain pills instead? Of course! Could I find them in time? No. And pineapples were on sale!

Update on my cycle: I am 5 dpiui and just waiting (and eating my pineapple core, of course). I had promised myself that I wouldn't POAS early and even used up all my wondfos last cycle so I wouldn't be tempted but what did I do this morning? Ordered more wondfos. Yup, I need POAS-anonymous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment