Friday, January 30, 2015

Liebster Award


I can't believe it's already that time of year again! My friend PackerFan4Life nominated me for the Liebster Award!

The Liebster Award is passed along from blogger to blogger in a way to recognize bloggers with less than 200 followers and get to know one another better. Each blogger answers 11 questions, tells 11 random facts about themselves, nominates other bloggers and poses questions to the nominees. So let's get started!

Questions posed to my by Packer:

1. What is your favorite thing about your life right now?
I would have to say that I  am self employed. It is difficult because everything falls on me but it is rewarding because when we are doing well, it's all because of my hard work and that is very satisfying. Plus I work from home!

2. When you're having a bad day, what is the one thing that is guaranteed to lift your spirits?
My animals! They are so sweet and loving and I always know that when I am having a bad day I can just snuggle up with one of the dogs on the couch and they will give me love and comfort. Tully isn't very cuddly, but she's always good for a laugh when she runs and trips over her feet or frolics around chasing bees or butterflies :)

3.What is your main purpose in blogging?
At first it was just to keep a timeline of events. After a while, it evolved into a way to try and stamp out the stigma that surrounds IF. I also use my blog to provide information on different supplements people can use in conjunction with treatment.

4. What is your favorite book?
My all time favorite is Tess of the D'Urberville's by Thomas Hardy. I had to read it in college and fell in love with it. It was one of the required reads that I read in two days (I barely slept) because I found it so interesting.

5. What is the last thing you bought for yourself?
Burt's Bees shampoo and conditioner, face wash and night cream! I threw away all of my products containing phthalates and parabens and have been slowly replacing them. Btw, their face  wash smells so good, I want to eat it!

6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
I would go to Ireland. My grandparents were born there and came to the US when they were young so I still have family living there. I would love to go meet them and see my country of origin :)

7. You have 20 extra minutes before work, what do you do?
I go on FB to check in with my IDOB ladies and of course hit up GBCB on proboards!

8. What is your favorite animal?
Sloths. Definitely sloths. I want one badly!

9. What is your best trait?
My eyes. They are blue, green and orange (around my pupil) and I think they are stunning!

10. We all have them, what bad habit can you not seem to quit?
I bite my nails. I used to bite them down to nubs but I have gotten a lot better and they are actually pretty long but when they get too long, I bite them down rather than getting nail clippers. DH hates it!

11. If you could push through any political reform, what would it be?
I would push through the mandate that requires insurance companies, in all states, to cover treatment for IF, including IVF. I think it's ridiculous to pay over a thousand dollars a month for insurance that doesn't cover the one illness that I and many others have.

11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I currently have 14 animals (dogs, cats, horses, goats and chickens)
2. DH and I got kicked off our local golf course for racing the golf carts.
3. I love brussel spouts and eat them at least one day a week.
4. I am obsessed with the snowman song from Frozen. I sing it all the time and have for months! I usually dance around when I sing so the puppy has associated the song with playing. When it comes on, she runs around and jumps up and down.
5. My favorite dinner is breakfast. I love a good scramble or some waffles for dinner and it's my go to when I don't really feel like cooking.
6. My original career choice was teaching. I have a master's degree in education and a teaching credential for high school English.
7. I lost 70 lbs three years ago and have kept all the weight off.
8. I like to dye my hair funky colors. I started going grey when I was 25 and since then have died my hair every "natural" color there is and have even died it purple and blue.
9. I really want a pig as a pet but DH won't let me :(
10. I grew up in the city (SF Bay Area) but have always been a country girl at heart. We now live on 24 acres in the Sierra National Forrest.
11. I'm a prepper!

And the nominees are:
Packer nominated the other people I would have chosen!

Questions for the nominees
1. What is your dream career?
2. Who do you always turn to when you need support?
3. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
4. Big or small, if you could change one thing that is wrong with the world, what would you change?
5. Who is your hero?
6. What is one thing/person that has had the most influence on your life?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What was your favorite thing to do as a child (trips, games, activities, etc.)?
9. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie/tv show?
10. What is the most exciting or out of the ordinary thing you have done?
11. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?

2 comments:

  1. All so interesting! Way to knock of 70 pounds - that is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast for any meal is the best!!

    Congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off! That's amazing.

    Also, if you go to Ireland please pack me in your suitcase! That's definitely on my list of places I'd love to go someday

    ReplyDelete